Origami Pikachu Video Tutorial (Advanced)

This origami pikachu model is pretty advanced, so if you don’t really get what a squash fold is, try a simpler model.

I have made this video as more of a request, it ended up taking a reeally long time to make.. so I hope someone benifits from it 🙂

This isn’t my usual type of video, I will be making more simple models really soon..

If you have trouble I will try my best to assist in the comments. I realise the videography is not great, I did my best with the lights and camera I have..

I think the model is originally made by Kozasa Keiichi, and was featured in some BOS magazine years ago.

Sorry there is no audio, I have a cold so most of it was just me coughing!!

Here is the diagram:

Let me know how you get on, anyone got any requests?

The following two tabs change content below.

Chrissy Pk

Blog Owner
Hi! I'm Chrissy and I run this website, I'm 28 and I live in Australia, with my husband and daughter. I've been blogging here since 2009 and I try to post about once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. My day job is graphic designer & web developer. Other things about me: I love sci-fi series and films 👽, vampire themed dramas 👻, Japanese anime, Korean dramas and K-pop. I have 2 pet bunnies 🐰, my favourite food is strawberries 🍓, I'm vegan 💚 and love the beach 🌊. I also love painting with acrylics, needle felting 💕 and crocheting cute amigurumis. 🎨

Select list(s):

related posts

I love to read your feedback, suggestions and if you need any help, I am happy to help! 💖

10 thoughts on “Origami Pikachu Video Tutorial (Advanced)”

1. ferragamo says:

Could you please clarify the closed sink Gingergami refers to? I followed the diagrams but got stuck at step 77 because I cannot read Japanese. Better still, post a correction video for steps 57 or 77 to end. It is really unfortunate that Tanteidan Convention book 5 is almost impossible to find because this is one of few Pikachu models with spatulate tail. Thanks in advance.

1. Chrissy Pk says:

As far as I can tell, he meant to sink it without opening it out. I’m not sure! Unfortunately I won’t be making another video. You can check out this one by Jo Nakashima, it’s similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdV6WyPmUwE 🙂

2. Hevn says:

I have a suggestion: If you ever have to take out the audio again, at least consider adding some music instead next time.

3. Gingergami says:

I know this video is crazy old, but at 37 minutes in, when you say that you don’t understand 78-83 it’s because you did an open sink instead of a closed sink. It would have saved you the following 10 minutes of video

1. Chrissy Pk says:

haha! Well that makes sense 🙂 thanks for letting me know!

4. Nik says:

Advanced origami Pikachu is awesome. Especially amazed by the way the folds create Pikachu’s stripes and ear tips. Thank you for the post and the video.

One question! You know, that paper you used is just perfect for Pikachu, and it looks to be just right in terms of strong enough but thin enough. Where did you get that paper and what kind is it? I’ve searched around, but all the papers I find are white on one side and look flimsier.

Thank you!

1. Chrissy Pk says:

Hi Nik 🙂

I have not been able to find the same paper again, seems they aren’t making it anymore. You can find some double sided origami paper on Amazon, such as this http://www.amazon.com/Toyo-Origami-Double-sided-Colors-Sheets/dp/B001J2YIMY but it is too small for this model.. there might be bigger ones, try searching ‘double sided paper’ or ‘2 sided paper’ on some online shops, you might find it in craft sections of cheap Asain shops.. maybe not! Sorry not much help haha. Chrissy

5. Rodrigo says:

la verdad, a mí también me causo un poco de dificultad pero también me sirvió de mucho el diagrama

6. theoriginalone says:

I did it! Am I seriously the only one in the world of INTERNETZ good enough? It looks great.

7. phuksiew says: