Pop up card tutorial – Valentines day

This valentines day pop up card tutorial is from Tweety Atelier its in Korean.

pop-up-valentines-card-template-i-love-u

Here is mine..

Pop up Valentines Card template

solid line = CUT
dashed line = FOLD

You’ll need to use a cutting knife & board. And preferably a ruler.

For the outer (red) card, you will need some a4 (or letter) paper or card.

Due to the differences in printers and paper sizes, I cannot give you a definite measurement for that. Basically just get some rectangular red card and, leaving a gap, stick the inner cutout onto it.

Then fold the red card along where the inner part folds… basically lining them up. Really easy, honest. Then cut off the excess.

I have made a version with slightly fainter lines, for those who absolutely don’t want the lines to show after cutting.

How did yours turn out? Let me know in the comments :)

The following two tabs change content below.

Chrissy Pk

Blog Owner
Hi! I'm Chrissy and I run this website, I'm 28 and I live in Australia, with my husband and daughter. I've been blogging here since 2009 and I try to post about once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. My day job is graphic designer & web developer. Other things about me: I love sci-fi series and films 👽, vampire themed dramas 👻, Japanese anime, Korean dramas and K-pop. I have 2 pet bunnies 🐰, my favourite food is strawberries 🍓, I'm vegan 💚 and love the beach 🌊. I also love painting with acrylics, needle felting 💕 and crocheting cute amigurumis. 🎨

Select list(s):

related posts

I love to read your feedback, suggestions and if you need any help, I am happy to help! 💖

18 thoughts on “Pop up card tutorial – Valentines day”

1. Gessica Alvim says:

Great idea! Awesome!

2. Aimee says:

Great idea for kids!

3. Kathleen Walker says:

Finally found a site that offers the template…thanks I my BF will be surprised thanks to you! I think I am going to actually doodle..errr ZENTANGLE on the wording to make it even more special!

4. Giuggi says:

Thank you ever so much for sharing this wonderful idea! It seems pretty “easy” to do…but I’m sure it won’t be that easy as I thought ! I’m gonna try this card tonight, wish me good luck and keep finger crossed as we don’t have much instructions to fallow in the tutorial 😀 !Let’s hope for a good result, I will certainly do my best 😀 !

1. It takes a few tries, I would like to find some that you can printout, that has guides, for this valentines :)

5. marian says:

theey aree so cool!! but can youuu bee more specific with the instructions??

1. Thanks!
      This is not originally my tutorial, I was thinking of making one and taking photos, and perhaps making a printout of the cutting areas… but as I said it is not my work :o)

6. the ninja says:

Much better than store bought!

7. SpiritWolf says:

This is really neat. Thanks for sharing.

May I please make one request, though. Could you please get the tweet, GB, SU list menu out of the middle of your post. It is very annoying and I would much rather look at your work,

1. Hi, I’m sorry you found that annoying. I was actually just changing the code for that today, I didn’t realise if you looked at the website with a small window it would cover the post.

I moved it over a bit now, thanks for letting me know.
      x

8. maeve says:

I will certainly try this card , it looks
    great, thank you for the lesson.

9. Beverly says:

Very nice valentine cards! So creative!