Learn how to make an easy origami candy box from 1 sheet of square paper, and you can also make a little box to fit inside. This is a really fun and cute origami sweet.
This origami candy/sweet shaped box is a lot simpler to make then the previous candy boxes I’ve posted.
Whilst folding the traditional origami jumping frog, I noticed a candy shape if you pull the sides, the triangles on each side, are reverse ‘waterbomb base’ shapes.
You could keep this box a square shape, but I prefer a more rounded candy look.
If you like the square version and want to add a little masu box inside, the candy will keep it’s shape better.
The box I make for the inside is a variation of a traditional origami box.
Design: © Paper Kawaii Copyright Information
You will need:
– 1 sheet of square paper, I used 15 x 15 cm
Inner box: 11 x 11 cm paper (if your paper is thick, make it 10.8cm)
- candy: 30 x 30 cm & inner box: 21 x 21 cm
- candy: 21 x 21 cm & inner box: 15 x 15 cm
- candy: 20 x 20 cm & inner box: 15 x 15 cm
- candy: 10 x 10 cm & inner box: 7.5 x 7.5 cm
- candy: 7.5 x 7.5 cm & inner box: 5.5 x 5.5 cm
To work it out, take the size of the big paper (20) and divide ➗ by 1.36. (20 ➗1.36= 14.7 round up to 15).