Learn how to make a modular origami masu box with a twisted layered design on the lid. ✪
This lid is kind of experimental – I think there are lots of variations one could do with this box. The ‘twist’ looks a bit like pinwheel. 💠
The benefit of having a modular masu box is that the box or lid can be a lot bigger – and more sturdy, which is great for those of use who have limited paper sizes!
If you make one I’d love to know what you think of it, was it hard or easy, why not leave me a quick comment. 😀
You will need:
For the lid: 4 sheets of square paper:
I used: 14.85 x 14.85 cm (half A4 then cut to square)
Final size: 10.5 x 10.5 x 2.5 cm
For paper I would recommend thin but sturdy paper, for the tutorial I am using quite thick pearlised paper, which was hard to work with!
For the lower box: Use A4 paper (29.7 x 21cm) use the origami twisted box tutorial, and don’t flatten at the end. Also might want to trim of 1-2mm off the size.
Latest posts by Chrissy Pk (see all)
- Origami Candy Box – Opening Version Tutorial - May 21, 2016
- Origami Snail Tutorial & Quick Overview of ‘The Origami Garden’ by Ioana Stoian - May 19, 2016
- Origami Photo Tutorials – April 2016 - April 29, 2016
- Square Origami Candy Box Instructions - April 21, 2016
- Easy Origami Candy Box Instructions - April 16, 2016