Hexagonal Origami Gift Box

So I made this origami gift box for a friend.  It is not a modular box, the box is made from one piece of paper, and so is the lid.  I don’t like modular boxes, they always end up messy.

Alternative Lids for Hexagonal Origami Box

alternative lids for hexagonal origami box

Video Tutorial – Origami Hexagonal Gift Box

video tutorial – origami hexagonal gift box

x

The following two tabs change content below.

Chrissy Pk

Blog Owner
Hi! I'm Chrissy and I run this website, I'm 28 and I live in Australia, with my husband and daughter. I've been blogging here since 2009 and I try to post about once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. My day job is graphic designer & web developer. Other things about me: I love sci-fi series and films 👽, vampire themed dramas 👻, Japanese anime, Korean dramas and K-pop. I have 2 pet bunnies 🐰, my favourite food is strawberries 🍓, I'm vegan 💚 and love the beach 🌊. I also love painting with acrylics, needle felting 💕 and crocheting cute amigurumis. 🎨

Select list(s):

related posts

I love to read your feedback, suggestions and if you need any help, I am happy to help! 💖

20 thoughts on “Hexagonal Origami Gift Box”

1. Essie says:

This caused a legitimate laugh. I love your shoes. Also, I promise I'm not being racist every time someone brings up Canada and I imadmietely think of you.

2. fareeha yaqoob says:

actually i want a video on this
    please for me i cant make it the lid is easy and i made it but the down part noooo huh 🙂

3. Pallavi says:

I love your work. I have learnt so much from you. Thank you so much. I make the hexagonal boxes from old greeting cards.
    Keep up the good work!

4. meg says:

i made lots of this! it’s one way for me to reuse old papers 🙂

5. Jaya from INDIA says:

It is wonderful my joy knew no bounds it is easy to learn

6. sajaa sajko says:

wow amazing

7. Wow! This is so beautyfull! I wanna try to make this but havent good manual skills

8. Aurora says:

When will there be a tutorial up?

1. I will put in on my list 🙂 meanwhile, there are video tutorials on youtube that have hexagonal but modular models, like the ones that are on my post. They are not the same, because they use more that one piece of paper.

9. Mellissa says:

i also cant download it.. it says error for me

1. I have sent it to you in an email, its working for me, what error do you get?

🙂

1. Mai Kou says:

It wont let me download it somehow

1. Hi, I just sent you an email with the file attached.

You need to install adobe acrobat reader, its free:

10. Mellissa says:

is there a tutorial video for this box??? it looks so KAWAII and i wanna learn to make it. i looked on youtube and saw no lids that looked like thins one…if you do find or make one, pls send one to me @ maikouxiong@live.com thnx

1. Hi, I have just updated this post with some videos, they aren’t the 1 piece model, but the modular ones look nice too, and are easier to make anyway! hope they help 🙂

11. stephanie says:

For the hello kitty origami, I understand the body, but are there insttuctions for the head?

1. Urm yes, the link to download was beneath the post…

here it is again

Looks so simple but looks good if you get the eyes and nose etc right with a pen. ^_^