How to fold a pretty 3D Origami Christmas Tree. This little origami tree sits inside a pot, decorate with a star on top or other kinds of Xmas decorations.
This origami tree uses the accordion folding technique. It’s a bit fiddly but hopefully it’s worth the challenge. I recommend using the thinnest, but strongest paper you can find. Normal origami paper will work fine, but I wouldn’t recommend using paper any smaller than A4 or US letter paper.
I haven’t tried to use US Letter paper but I’m sure it would be fine, you just might end up with a longer “trunk”. Yes you can use glue to make things easier at the end, no one will ever know…
It’s rated 4 stars, so that means it’s a bit harder than my regular tutorials, but you could always use bigger paper, even though.. it might not work as nicely. Models in the photos: Origami Lucky Star Tutorial Origami Round Pot Tutorial Mini Presents
3D Origami Christmas Tree
Design: © Paper Kawaii Copyright Information
You will need:
- 1 sheet of rectangular paper for the tree I used A4 (21 x 29.7cm) or use US letter paper. Please use THIN paper, not thick paper, thick paper will be very hard to work with and would probably rip. Thin but strong paper, like origami paper would be best. I used horrible soft paper in the video and it’s so easy to rip it.
- 1 sheet of square paper for the pot (10 x 10 cm)
- 1 sheet of rectangular paper for the soil
- 1 strip of paper for the lucky star (1.5 x 1.5cm)
- I have created a crease pattern, but haven’t tested it, it’s at least useful just for reference. Download the Crease pattern
You can check out my personal favourite origami papers, paper craft tools and more on my Amazon.com store.
Round Origami Pots
Make some rounded origami pots, great for origami plants (and trees!).
Origami Lucky Stars
Little origami lucky stars, in a star bowl, make them.
Mini Origami Presents
Mini origami presents to decorate the tree.
Thank you for this tutorial.