I’ve been really slack with Easter this year, I hope to spend more time making ducks and chicks and things, but I at least wanted to make a nice origami basket.
This one is by Kazukuni Endo (遠藤和邦) I made it using 6×6 paper. Would have been easier with 8×8 solid colour paper.
This is my first attempt at the model, it is kind of hard, but I worked it out pretty good. Maybe medium difficulty. Its really good as you get 2 pockets on the inside that flowers could be tucked into… or bunnies… eggs etc..
This diagram is from Quarterly ORU Folding Diagrams Vol.1
I will update this if I do this basket again, bigger.
Here it is, I used green card 25×25, it was too thick, I think paper would be better, the basket is big enough to hold only 1 Cadbury cream egg! big enough for many tiny eggs.
I left out the last part of the handle folding because the card was too thick. And I also stapled the handle rather than all that folding at the end.
As you can see it has really cute pockets ^_^
Please let me know if you need any more info, and any problems, please send to me a photo of your basket, I would love to post it here!!
Latest posts by Chrissy Pk (see all)
- 3D Origami Puffy Star Tutorial - July 29, 2016
- Origami Paper Crystal Tutorial – Make 3D Gems! - July 29, 2016
- Origami Long Gem Gift Box Tutorial - July 22, 2016
- Origami Gem Gift Box Tutorial – Great as a Ring Box! - July 22, 2016
- Origami Octagonal Tato Coaster – Video & Diagram - July 17, 2016