Hi Guys, sorry I have been so busy, there has been no new posts in a few weeks.
I’m really getting into the whole Xmas thing, even have a tree set up, its very strange having Christmas in Oz, its hot, theres no snow… people are walking round in shorts.
Anyway, so I’ve been making these 5 pointed origami stars like crazy… I think they’re really neat, the only origami star which has 5 points, and is made from 1 piece of paper.
I think they are really cute…
I’ve been trying out a new origami paper pad with these, its called “Origami Craft Pad, Creatures & Critters”
It has some cute models in it too. Only downside, the paper isn’t quite square…! It would have been better if the paper came in a pack, not a tear off pad.
It has the cutest paper.
Anyway, I found that this diagram of how to first make a pentagon from a square, is the easiest to understand.
Or watch a video I made on how to fold them:
And they even made a video to explain the “squashing bit”…as well which you can see at the end of their page.
I think making a big one would be great as the Star for the Xmas tree!
Latest posts by Chrissy Pk (see all)
- 3D Origami Puffy Star Tutorial - July 29, 2016
- Origami Paper Crystal Tutorial – Make 3D Gems! - July 29, 2016
- Origami Long Gem Gift Box Tutorial - July 22, 2016
- Origami Gem Gift Box Tutorial – Great as a Ring Box! - July 22, 2016
- Origami Octagonal Tato Coaster – Video & Diagram - July 17, 2016