If you would like to make a bigger or smaller box, just start with 2 sheets of the same size rectangular paper. Use one sheet (made into a square) for the base, and use half of one sheet for the lid, and then use the left over half to make a quarter of the original paper size, for the top insert.
For those who want to complain about the music, please use the mute button!!
Officially the lid would be ‘Modular Origami’ and the alternative lid I created would be ‘Kirigami’.
Lid: A5 / 21.1 x 14.9 cm / 8.3 x 5.8 in
Lid-Insert: A6 / 10.5 x 7.4 cm / 4.1 x 2.9 in
Base: A4 / 29.7 x 21 cm / 11.7 x 8.3 in
Alternative Lid (Kirigami): A5 / 21 x 14.8 cm / 8.3 x 5.8 in
Finished Box Size:
Length: 9.8cm / 3.7 inch
Width: 5.5 cm / 2.1 inch
Depth: 3.2 cm / 1.3 inch
This pretty and stylish origami box is perfect to use as a gift box.
The difficulty is medium, if you haven’t folded before this may be too hard.
Origami Gift Box Tutorial Video:
DESIGNED BY TOMOKO FUSE
If you enjoyed my tutorial or have any feedback, please leave a comment below, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter on the top of the right hand sidebar.
Latest posts by Chrissy Pk (see all)
- 3D Origami Puffy Star Tutorial - July 29, 2016
- Origami Paper Crystal Tutorial – Make 3D Gems! - July 29, 2016
- Origami Long Gem Gift Box Tutorial - July 22, 2016
- Origami Gem Gift Box Tutorial – Great as a Ring Box! - July 22, 2016
- Origami Octagonal Tato Coaster – Video & Diagram - July 17, 2016