If you would like to make a bigger or smaller box, just start with 2 sheets of the same size rectangular paper. Use one sheet (made into a square) for the base, and use half of one sheet for the lid, and then use the left over half to make a quarter of the original paper size, for the top insert.
For those who want to complain about the music, please use the mute button!!
Officially the lid would be ‘Modular Origami’ and the alternative lid I created would be ‘Kirigami’.
Lid: A5 / 21.1 x 14.9 cm / 8.3 x 5.8 in
Lid-Insert: A6 / 10.5 x 7.4 cm / 4.1 x 2.9 in
Base: A4 / 29.7 x 21 cm / 11.7 x 8.3 in
Alternative Lid (Kirigami): A5 / 21 x 14.8 cm / 8.3 x 5.8 in
Finished Box Size:
Length: 9.8cm / 3.7 inch
Width: 5.5 cm / 2.1 inch
Depth: 3.2 cm / 1.3 inch
This pretty and stylish origami box is perfect to use as a gift box.
The difficulty is medium, if you haven’t folded before this may be too hard.
Origami Gift Box Tutorial Video:
If you enjoyed my tutorial or have any feedback, please leave a comment below, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter on the top of the right hand sidebar.
Latest posts by Chrissy Pk (see all)
- Origami Stellated Octahedron / Inflatable Star Instructions - November 24, 2015
- Origami Octahedron Box / Decoration Instructions ♦ - November 21, 2015
- Origami Star Bowl Instructions - November 19, 2015
- 3 Easy Origami Boxes – Photo Instructions - November 2, 2015
- Expanding Origami Folder Instructions - October 29, 2015